Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Daddy Daughter Dance

Last Saturday (and Friday too to be honest) Kevin took Addie to New Braunfels for their annual Daddy Daughter Dance. This years theme was Daddy's Little Princess, which was appropriate because her daddy definitely calls her that. Emaleigh has not yet hit the princess craze but Addie Belle loves dressing up and pretending to be a princess. When she hit this phase it took an awful lot of persistent work to convince Lucas that he was a prince. He had up to that point always just wanted to be everything Addie was. But as soon as he grasped the prince concept he moved quickly on to wanting to be a dinosaur or a dog or a race car. Well anyway, I raced home from work to help Addie get into her pretty little green dress and put some little jewels in her hair to go to the ball with her dad. They left in a hurry but intime to get to the dance that was at 7pm. Only it was 7pm on Saturday. I got them there a full 24 hrs in advance. I was pretty embarrassed and upset but Addie told me it was OK, and Kevin somehow was understanding. I guess these things happen with age. I just didn't think I would start to lose my mind before my 35th birthday. Well Lucky for us, Lucas, Emaleigh and I met the rest of our fam at a litle Italian place close to home where kids eat free and made a pleasant evening together out of my mistake. But the real party was on Saturday night. The again left in plenty of time to arrive ontime. This time it was on! Kevin said Addie really had the time of her life and continuaously thanked him for bringing her there. But as excited as she was she didn't really want to do much dancing at first. she just found the prefect balloon and threw it up in the air as many times as it fell back to her. He said this lasted the first half hour and many times he tried to get her to stop and go dance before he just gave in a realized that she was happy so let it be. Before it was over they did get some dances in. She made a friend, Madeline, that she danced with some too. I will post that video later tonight. So what about Lucas and mommy and Emaleigh that night. Well I wanted to do something special for just us but I volunteered for mathcount all day that day and I was incredible tired and uncreative. So I took the lazy way out. Lucas loves movies and popcorn. So he got both. We snuggled in to watch some Star Wars together. I was loving the lovin and the movie too. Lucas filled me in on who was a good guy and who was scary. And pretty soon he had enough of being scared and wanted to watch Finding Nemo instead. We made it halfway through that movie before we both crashed. So I got to be lazy and snuggle with my little man and his baby sister. When the party couple got back home, we were all asleep in mommy's bed. Addie showed me all of her favors and they both shared their own version of how cool the dance was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to add?