Monday, December 28, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
Here are bullet points regarding all of the things I should have blogged about if I had the time to sit and write and post photos:
- We spent Halloween in Austin with the Baltera's. For the first time we dressed up the whole family as a famous family. I did post a photo of us dressed up as the Simpson's family. We had alot of fun with this. It has been requested by Addie that we go as the Adam's family next year. I have already begun working on this.
- In November, on the 15th, I completed my first half marathon. The experience was so much more than just the accomplishment of finishing the 13.1 miles. I will definitely be signing up to run the rock 'n' roll SA half marathon next year. I may even run another between now and then. My life is changed for the better for being a part of this. I am definitely a runner now. It is a part of me that I am proud to have added.
- We spent Thanksgiving in Corpus Christi with all of the Forces. Grandpa fried a turkey and us ladies were responsible for the trimmings and the pies. I baked a Jack Daniels pecan pie. Like the half marathon, this is a repeat. But I wouldn't say it changed my life.
- ADDIE IS READING!!! She started putting letters and sounds together before she staerted school but the formal education of her kindergarten class was just the stimulus she needed, she reads everything and now she loves it almost as much as coloring. Also she has become shy in her 5 yrs. She'd rather read and color all day long than meet anyone new. She will have to get over this fear as her parents are social and getting more so.
- Emaleigh is talking. Her words/phrases include: Morning, sit down, love, Addie, Mommy, bottle, bar, ball, cookie, eye, teeth, dog, up, bath, shoe, sock...and so much more. We are going to have a new chatterbox really soon
- Currently Kevin is in the lead in the chatterbox area. I guess after 5 years of going to the PD Christmas party he has grown enough relationships. Maybe he got tired of listening to me chatter. This time it was I who was waiting for him to shut his trap so we could move on to dinner or even go home. But this I am thankful for. I am glad that he likes all of the people I work with. I pretty much do mean ALL OF THEM.
- And Lucas James is 4! December 9th. He keeps talking about his other birthday, he's sure he has two. I will let you know when birthday 4 number 2 rolls around when I can figure that out.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Friday, September 4, 2009
Friday, August 21, 2009
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Monday, August 10, 2009
Friday, August 7, 2009
*Found out that the Mathletes in Action event that I am on the committee for is on November 14th. Oh No!!!! This event is awesome, it is held on the court at the
*and registered Addie Belle for school, Kindergarten. Can you believe it? Addie, my big girl is starting school. She’s very excited. She already got to meet her principal at registration and on Friday August 21 we will meet her teacher. The Judson Independent School District has a very strict dress code. I have been spending some time this week buying clothes on eBay that fit the description. NOTHING that she already owns does fit into the guidelines. It is rather boring.
I have sort of been waiting to blog about anything because I wanted to accompany with photos. I think I will upload a photo only blog later.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Monday, June 29, 2009
Ofcouse we managed to get one rare pictire of Jenny, Dawn and I all together. It has been so long since we were all together. I think it was at my wedding four years ago. I hope we will be able to update this photo sooner than four years from now. The trip was quick and the visits were both entirely too short, but I am glad that I got out there anyway. Sometimes you take a day for a trip you'd prefer to bee a week long just because that week never comes along. Maybe at the end of 2010 we can all reconvene in a mountian town to chase all of our toddlers plus one more from Texas in the snow.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
nearly that many food stalls, music by local bands, and speeches as well
as a visit by Miss Papua and Miss West Papua. Ivy may recognize Miss
Papua (on my left) as one of the servers from the lounge in the Rimba
Papua Hotel. She said to tell you hello. The environmental department
booth had four snakes, three of them green tree pythons. They were
pretty well behaved except for a couple of times trying to get away by
climbing along the top of the wall to the booth next door.
So we are home and pretty tired. I just wanted to send a few good pictures out of our first few moments at home. Ashley from church dropped off a full dinner just a few minutes ago and we are looking forward to our first night at home. Thank you all so much for all your prayers and well wishes. Hope to have some more pictures soon.
Love to you all,
Jenny, Nate, Zoe and new big brother, Ziggy
Friday, June 5, 2009
So, no more additional news has come up over the day. I am still pregnant and if nothing happens overnight, we are scheduled to be induced tomorrow morning. After much deliberation and some anxiety about the decision. I am comfortable about it and ready. So, hope to be sending photos soon of our new baby girl. Zoe will be here so soon, I should probably go and make sure everything is ready one last time.
Love to you all,
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
She was a healthy 7 lbs. 14 oz. and 20 1/2 inches. The following is from an email from Amy. So here's how the last couple of days have gone in Amy's words:
My water broke at 1:30 PM, and she made her presence well known very quickly with a drug-free birth. She's an incredible baby--good nurser, sleeper and pooper! We are scheduled to be released from the hospital today around 5PM, and will finally be able to settle in and enjoy both of our wonderful children.
Dominic came to meet her yesterday and just thought she was his cousin, Emaleigh, since that's the only baby he knows. Guess he'll figure it out soon enough when she's home and Emaleigh comes for a visit. He kept asking Matthew to take him for a walk around the hospital during his visit, and one time he heard another baby crying, and starting looking for her and asked what was wrong with Emaleigh.
The name--Matthew and I fell in love with Olivia fairly early on in the pregnancy, but struggled with settling on it because we felt we should use a family name. However, after spending some time with her, we have come full circle and love her and her name. Llewelyn is a family name on my side--both my parents first child's middle name (I never knew her, but I've always thought that if I had a girl I wanted to use her name, which was Kathryn Llewelyn) and my Great Grandfather's middle name as well.