Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A homeschool day of fun

I spent a bit of time already looking forward to Spring Break next week when I get to travel with a sister and 5 of our kids to see out moma in New Orleans.  I am excited about the trip itself but know that it might all be wasted without a plan.  Not that it would be terrible for us all to wake up in the same place for a few days and stare at each other until somebody came up with some way to make it not boring because even then, atleast we would all be in the same place.  But a plan to have tremendous fun would be even better than an endless staring contest.  I only have a few ideas.  One was to have a little treasure hunt.  I collected these things around my house and snapped a photo.  I suppose that while they are rising to shine, my sister and I can hide these things around the house and give them each a photo of all the things they are to find.  Kind of like an egg hunt, only no eggs.  Ofcoure there are variations on this you are probably already thinking of that could be even more fun.  I am new at cool moma so just assume that I am going to do all those cool things too.


So while I was sufficiently distracted trying to plan fun stuff for us to do NEXT week, homeschool still goes on, right.  Addie was having a bit of trouble focusing too!  But she is generally ahead of schedule and he basic distraction is a book she can't put down so I am OK with that.  I decided to let her try her hand at baking.  I let her find the recipe, collect and measure ingredients and put the pumpkin bread together almost completely by herself.  I poured the batter into the pan because it was too heavy for her.  That was almost all the help I gave her.  She was pretty pleased with herself. It came out very well.

BUT you can't let Addie do something fun, NO FAIR.  Lucas helped me prepare some colored rice to use somehow I am not sure but definitely to play with next week.  This was fun.  Look how pretty!

Lot of shake shake shaking to get all that dye evenly spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to add?